Welcome to the official website of China - ASEAN Expo
The 15th CAEXPO will be held on：
Sep 12th-15th,2018 8:30-17:00 (Trade Days)
Sep. 15th,2018(Public Day)
I. Attendance of state leaders makes the 15th CAEXPO a high-profile event as usual and promotes in-depth development of friendly cooperation between China and ASEAN. They hailed the fruitful bilateral cooperation over the past 15 years when speaking on various occasions.
11 state leaders, incumbent and former, make presence at the 15th CAEXPO, including H.E. Mr. Han Zheng, Member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee and Vice Premier of the State Council of China, H.E. Hun Sen, Prime Minister of Cambodia, H.E. Madam Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, Speaker of the House of Representatives of the Philippines, H.E. Mr. Hor Namhong, Deputy Prime Minister of Cambodia, H.E. U Myint Swe, First Vice President of Myanmar, H.E. Mr. Somdy DOUANGDY, Deputy Prime Minister of Lao PDR, H.E. Mr. Vuong Dinh Hue, Member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of Vietnam Central Committee and Deputy Prime Minister of Vietnam, H.E. Mr. Amb. Seif Ali Iddi, Second Vice President of Zanzibar of the United Republic Tanzania, H.E. Mr. Shaukat Aziz, former Prime Minister of Pakistan, H.E. Mr. Somsavat LENGSAVAD, former Deputy Prime Minister of Lao PDR, and H.E. Phongthep Thepkanjana, former Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand. 259 ministerial officials have participated, with 122 ones from ASEAN countries and countries beyond the China-ASEAN region, including H.E. Dr. Suvit Maesincee, Minister of Science and Technology of Thailand, H.E. Dato Seri Setia Haji Erywan bin Pehin Datu Pekerma Jaya Haji Mohd Yusof, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade II of Brunei Darussalam, H.E. Mr. Koh Poh Koon, Senior Minister of State for the Ministry of Trade and Industry of Singapore, H.E. Dr. Ong Kian Ming, Deputy Minister of International Trade and Industry of Malaysia, H.E. Madam Nora K Terrado, Under-secretary of Department of Trade and Industry of the Phillipines, H.E. Madam Arlinda, Director-General of National Export Development of Ministry of Trade of Indonesia, and H.E. Dr. Aladdin D. Rillo, Deputy Secretary-General of the ASEAN, etc.
A series of high-level friendly exchange and networking events were held at the CAEXPO. Vice Premier Han Zheng held 5 bilateral meetings with the visiting leaders from ASEAN countries and Tanzania and delivered a keynote speech at the opening ceremony. He joined Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen for the opening ceremony of the pavilion of city of charm of the Country of Honor. He met and took a group photo with Chinese and international businesses and entrepreneurs, inclusive of initiators of the China-ASEAN Entrepreneurs Association. The visiting leaders and heads of the delegations of other countries had pavilion tours and attended the opening ceremony of the CAEXPO and the CABIS, where state leaders delivered speeches.
Vice Premier Han Zheng said at the opening ceremony that China will work with ASEAN to upgrade the bilateral strategic partnership and build an even closer community for a shared future by synergizing development strategies, expanding trade and investment cooperation, strengthening international production capacity cooperation, advancing connectivity, deepening innovation cooperation and intensifying people-to-people and cultural exchanges.
Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen said Cambodia hopes to strengthen and develop its cooperation with China and other ASEAN countries in science, technology and innovation.
Myanmar First Vice President U Myint Swe said that his country highly values the Belt and Road Initiative. He reaffirmed that Myanmar would work closely with China and other ASEAN countries in building the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road and the ASEAN-China Community of Innovation.
Lao Deputy Prime Minister Somdy DOUANDY said that China’s opening-up policy, and the Belt and Road Initiative in particular, is crucial for promoting trade ties between ASEAN and China. He hoped ASEAN would carry out more fruitful cooperation with China, enhance connectivity and promote trade and investment facilitation on both sides, guided by the BRI and the Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity 2025.
Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue said, over the last 15 years, the ASEAN -China cooperation has become one of the examples for successful and dynamic cooperation in the Asia Pacific. The thriving cooperation between ASEAN and China in many areas not only benefits both sides but also becomes a positive driver of the global economic, trade and investment growth.
Second Vice President of Zanzibar of the United Republic Tanzania Amb. Seif Ali Iddi said, the 15th CAEXPO takes place just a week after Chinese and African leaders gathered together for the Beijing Summit of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation. The FOCAC summit has recorded remarkable achievements. He credited the 15th CAEXPO another testimony of how China walks their talk, when it comes to strengthening cooperation.
Commemorative events to highlight the 15th anniversaries of the China-ASEAN strategic partnership, the CAEXPO and the CABIS took place on sidelines, which included the planting of trees of friendship done by Chinese and ASEAN leaders, an achievements exhibition on bilateral economic and trade cooperation over the past 15 years, and the China-ASEAN Cultural Exchange Forum attended by officials with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China, the Chinese Ambassador to ASEAN, the permanent representatives of the ASEAN countries to ASEAN, the ASEAN ambassadors to China and the secretary-general of the ASEAN-China Center, where a documentary on the bilateral cultural exchanges and cooperation was released. Additionally, a special volume on the 15th anniversaries was published, an essay competition was held to allow people of all walks of life to tell their stories with the CAEXPO and videos on presenting blessings to the CAEXPO were shot and broadcast.
Cambodia, being the country of honor for the 15th CAEXPO, designed and hosted diverse activities and events during the fair period. The Cambodian prime minister presented the opening ceremony of the national pavilion with his Chinese counterpart, joined a roundtable talks with Chinese CEOs, met and talked with the Chinese initiators of the China-ASEAN Entrepreneurs Association and attended a promotional seminar on Cambodia-China cooperation. Artists from Cambodia and those from Tanzania, the special partner country for the 15th CAEXPO, were invited to present folk art performance at the opening ceremony of the CAEXPO and the CABIS. Ministerial officials were invited to attend and address the parallel forums and conferences that featured bilateral cooperation in various fields.
Hosting all these friendly exchange events, we aimed to summarize what China and ASEAN had achieved over 15 years and envision bright prospect for the bilateral cooperation. Meanwhile, we hope to highlight difference the CAEXPO platform has brought to the China-ASEAN cooperation and express the common desire that the two sides will further develop mutual opening-up, deepen reciprocal cooperation for more win-win outcomes, advance business cooperation under the BRI, build an open global economy and bolster up the China-ASEAN strategic partnership .
II. New progress in upgrading the China-ASEAN FTA and deepening business cooperation under the BRI.
More tangible economic outcomes were delivered. With a total exhibition area of 124,000 sqm, the 15th CAEXPO accommodated up to 6600 booths. Among them, 1594 ones were used by ASEAN (1446 booths) and other countries. Eight ASEAN countries, i.e. Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam, used independent exhibition halls to showcase their own commodities and services respectively. The 15th CAEXPO totally attracted 2780 exhibiting companies and 112 buying missions, up by 2.6% and 15% over that of the previous session respectively. More than 11,000 trade visitors were organized to the fair, increased by 10% over that of the previous session. 91 trade and investment events were held on sidelines.
1.More active trading activities: More procurement conferences have been arranged for cross-border e-commerce players among those for individual countries and industry matching events, providing new channels to explore the Chinese and ASEAN markets. ASEAN products such as agro-based products, consumer goods, light industrial products and arts and crafts and made-in-China machinery and equipment, electronics and electrical appliances, sanitary wares are the most popular. In addition, buyers from Europe, Africa, South America and other continent shows keen interests in Chinese and ASEAN foodstuffs and agro-based products.
2. Fruitful outcomes in investment cooperation: More than 20 Chinese provinces/municipalities and 10 plus countries including those in ASEAN, Europe and America have concluded cooperation projects at the promotion conferences, the Roundtable Meeting on Investment Cooperation and the Promotion Conference on ASEAN Industrial Parks, etc.
3. New achievements in trade in services: The Seminar on China-ASEAN Tourism Cooperation has been arranged to promote tourism projects, where tourism attractions, travel agencies and other related players had face-to-face talks. The Cities of Charm Pavilion has strengthened the city-to-city exchanges between China and ASEAN. The networking with Chinese economic and commercial counselors has provided financial support for the Chinese enterprises. The China-ASEAN Logistics Cooperation Forum has promoted the inter-model transportation system.
4.New steps in expanding the cooperation region: It is the very first time that the CAEXPO has invited an African country, which is also a gateway to the continent for the Belt and Road countries, as its Special Partner Country. Tanzania, as the Special Partner Country of the 15th CAEXPO, showcased its national images and hosted a promotion conference. Coffee, tea leafs, honey, spices and other commodities are popular among the the Chinese and ASEAN buyers. The BRI and International Pavilion housed 114 companies from 19 countries including Tanzania, Australia, Germany, Italy and Spain, etc. Buying missions representing 70 countries and regions worldwide came and visited, including those organized for the first time by the China-U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the Australia-China Trade Development Association and Tanzania. The number of international buyers from the non-CAFTA economies stood at 700. The cooperation of China and ASEAN with other countries has been further strengthened.
III. Diverse and practical high-end forums and exchange events on sidelines have delivered more productive outcomes in deepening the bilateral cooperation on all fronts.
23 of the 35 high-level forums under the 15th CAEXPO framework have been held during the fair period. These events have helped establish more cooperation mechanisms. For example, the disaster risk reduction and emergency management mechanism for the ASEAN users of Chinese FY meteorological satellites, the China-ASEAN Platform for Sharing of Information on Environment and the CMA Research Center for ASEAN Atmosphere Probing were launched, and the Yearbook of China-ASEAN Statistics 2018 was released. All these have enriched the Nanning Channel for China-ASEAN cooperation and translate the consensus on building the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road into actions in all relevant fields.
Government delegations also visited the China-ASEAN Culture Expo Garden. Performing arts centers of China and the ASEAN countries concluded the MOU on China-ASEAN theater and drama cooperation and exchanges. Other people-to-people and cultural exchange programs included the China-ASEAN Culture Forum, the China-ASEAN Cultural and Creative Products Exhibition, the Nanning International Art Festival for Folk Songs, the China-ASEAN Works of Young Artists Exhibition, the China-ASEAN Theatre Week Nanning and the China-ASEAN Arts Exhibition 2018, etc. These programs have strengthened the mutual understanding and bilateral friendship.
IV. The 15th CABIS has further promoted the exchanges between Chinese and ASEAN business communities
The 15th CABIS has enhanced the quality of its routine sideline events and design new programs to enrich the summit and further promote the business exchanges of both sides. Those sideline events included the Roundtable Meeting between Cambodian Leader and Chinese CEO, the China-ASEAN Business Leaders’ Forum, the 1st Belt and Road Forum on New Economic Belt Development, the 1st Belt and Road Forum for Youth Leaders, the TV program of Dialogue on the Splendid CABIS over the Past 15 Years, the Awarding Ceremony and Dinner Marking the 15th Anniversary of the CABIS, the China-ASEAN Commercial Laws Cooperation Seminar and the China-ASEAN Forum on Cross-border E-commerce Development. These events helped the Chinese and ASEAN business communities strengthen bilateral cooperation in economy, trade, investment, connectivity, production capacity and many other fields, thus to advance the upgrading of the CAFTA and bring more benefits for the businesses and peoples of both sides.
V. Achievements in 10 fields
1. Commemorative series events: Visiting state leaders, ministers and diplomatic envoys hailed the fruitful bilateral cooperation over the past 15 years when speaking on various occasions, sending an even stronger signal to the world that the two sides, guided by the China-ASEAN Strategic Partnership Vision 2030, will upgrade the partnership and build an even closer China-ASEAN Community of a Shared Future.
2. Science and Technology Innovation: The ASEAN Young Scientists’ Innovation Tour in China was launched at the opening ceremony of the 15th CAEXPO and the 15th CABIS. The Forum on China-ASEAN Technology Transfer and Collaborative Innovation, the Achievements Exhibition on China-ASEAN Science and Technology Innovation and specialized forums on high-tech zones, block chains, traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and big health were hosted during the fair period. The Initiative on Regional TCM Standardization Cooperation and the China-ASEAN Traditional Medicine were released. The former is the first-ever initiative on TCM standardization cooperation between China and ASEAN, and the latter is also the first-ever monograph co-written by experts and scholars of China and seven ASEAN countries. The MOU on China-Thailand Innovation Cooperation was also concluded. All these further facilitate the Belt and Road Action Plan on Science and Technology Innovation.
3. Digital economy: The China-ASEAN Information Harbor Forum was held, along with its 9 parallel forums, where an alliance and fund for digital economy were established. Projects concluded at the forums included those on the application of satellite navigation between China and Cambodia, the taxi management between China and Thailand, housing of the enterprises at the China-ASEAN Demonstration Base for Spatial Information Technology Innovation. The Beidou Satellite + Industry Application Comprehensive Platform, China (Nanning) Cross-border E-commerce Comprehensive Pilot Zone and the Training Base for the CEC Beibu Gulf Information Port were launched.
4. Southern Transport Corridor of the China-Singapore Demonstration Initiative on Strategic Connectivity: A special display zone and series events on the Southern Transport Corridor were arranged for the first time. The China-ASEAN International Supply China Index was launched and the Initiative on China-ASEAN International Supply Chain Cooperation was released.
5. Agricultural cooperation: Agricultural cooperation exhibition and relevant forums were arranged and a report on bilateral cooperation in the region was released.
6. International production capacity cooperation: A number of brand and leading enterprises, including China Railway Group Limited, Aluminum Corporation of China Limited, China Export & Credit Insurance Corporation and Guangxi Investment Group, etc., showcased projects in key fields like railway, bridge and road, hydro-power, construction and telecommunications. Series events like the Langcang-Mekong Production Capacity Cooperation Forum, the China-Myanmar Economic Corridor Forum, a joint working meeting and bilateral meetings were hosted, where the project on the 100 MW photovoltaic power plant in Cambodia and those on industrial park developing were concluded.
7. Entrepreneurs cooperation: The China-ASEAN Entrepreneurs Association (CAEA) Preparatory Meeting was held to provide a new platform for the Chinese and ASEAN private companies. Mr. Lei Jun, Founder, President and CEO of Xiaomi Inc, Mr. Li Shufu, Founder and President of Geely Auto, and other 5 leading entrepreneurs have been confirmed as the initiators of the CAEA of the Chinese side. As for the ASEAN side, initiators of the 10 ASEAN countries have also been confirmed, including Mr. Ter Leong Yap, President of the Associated Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Malaysia and National Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Malaysia and Mr. Teo Siong Seng, Managing Director of Pacific International Lines (Pte) Ltd. The CAEA founding members proposed to set up the China-ASEAN Entrepreneurs Investment Cooperation Fund and released the Nanning Consensus. In addition, the 15th CABIS witnessed the conclusion of MOU on Establishing the China-ASEAN Freight Forwarders Association Inter-model Transportation Alliance, the launching of the China-ASEAN Platform for Management of Supply Chains of Agro-based Products and the ASEAN Service Center of China Small and Medium Commercial Enterprises Association and the release of Country Report on Law along the Belt and Road. The 15th CAEXPO hosted the Business Networking and Supporting Chambers of Commerce Conference & Plaque Presentation Ceremony.
8. Financial cooperation: The China-ASEAN Summit Forum on Financial Cooperation and Development was held, where China Reinsurance Group concluded the MOU on Insurance Consortium Cooperation with its counterpart in Cambodia, the People’s Government of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region concluded a strategic cooperation agreement with the Bank of China and other financial institution, and Guilin Bank inked a strategic cooperation agreement with Canadia Bank, Cambodia.
9. Think tank cooperation: The China-ASEAN University (Country and Regional Research) Think Tank Alliance Forum and the International Symposium Marking the 15th Anniversary of the China-ASEAN Strategic Partnership were hosted, where experts and scholars of different countries summed up the achievements and experiences over the past 15 years and shared their insights into deepening the bilateral cooperation. A report on the think tank dialogues will be formulated to deepen the bilateral strategic partnership.
10. Investment cooperation: Preliminary statistics show that 530 economic cooperation projects (inclusive 76 international projects and 454 domestic ones) were officially signed at the 15th CAEXPO, with more contractual volume than that of the previous session, covering digital economy (big data), big health, big logistics, new energy, new manufacturing and new materials. Investment architecture has been further optimized. Project holders are from ASEAN, Europe, America, Chinese Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan as well as more than 20 Chinese provinces and municipalities. On the list of the major projects included China-Cambodia Sihanoukville Industrial Park, PD4 of Sinar Mas Group and Thailand’s AMATA China Smart City, etc.
V. The CAEXPO grows more influential within the region and beyond
171 mainstream and industry media from home and aboard have sent 1570 journalists to cover the 15th CAEXPO, including 116 journalists from 60 media of ASEAN and other countries.
News coverage focused on the progress made in the China-ASEAN strategic partnership and the CAEXPO over the past 15 years, upgrading of the China-ASEAN FTA and enormous business opportunities under the BRI. Cambodia NICE TV had live broadcast on the 15th CAEXPO, which is the first-ever international live broadcast in the history of the CAEXPO. The CAEXPO official wechat and weibo witnessed 55 million views on the 15th CAEXPO-related topics. CAEXPO Facebook saw over 200,000 interactive viewers, and its Douyin live stream attracted more than 7 million viewers.
All the visiting state leaders highly commented on the 15th CAEXPO when addressing the opening ceremony.
Chinese Vice Premier Han Zheng said, China and ASEAN remain each other’s reliable strategic partner, sharing weal and woe over the past 15 years. Working together, China and ASEAN have nurtured and developed the CAEXPO into a grand gathering and platform for win-win cooperation. He hoped the CAEXPO and the CABIS would become more solid platforms for high-level dialogues by expanding and enriching the Nanning Channel, and would deliver more fruitful outcomes under the BRI.
Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen said the CAEXPO is a highly-effective platform for heads of state and government, high-ranking officials, entrepreneurs, investors and project owners to conduct exchanges and collaboration in political, diplomatic and business domains. It plays an important role in deepening business and investment cooperation between ASEAN and China and accelerates regional economic integration.
First Vice President U Myint Swe of Myanmar said he had confidence in the CAEXPO, believing that the platform would remain conducive to expanding trade, investment and tourism cooperation and people-to-people exchanges between ASEAN and China and to elevating the bilateral strategic partnership to a new height.
Lao Deputy Prime Minister Somdy DOUANGDY said, the CAEXPO has fully showcased the marked achievements of trade cooperation and people-to-people and cultural exchanges between ASEAN and China over the past 15 years.
Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue said that the CAEXPO and the CABIS, accomplishing 14 successful editions in a row, have grown to become important platforms for ASEAN to strengthen friendly relations and promote trade and multi-field cooperation with China. Given their government endorsement, influence and appeals, these two events have attracted increasing number of enterprises and business representatives of China, the ASEAN countries and economies outside this region.
Second Vice President of Zanzibar of the United Republic Tanzania Amb. Seif Ali Iddi said, the 15th CAEXPO has special significance. It is taking place in a year that China is celebrating 40th anniversary of reform and opening up. Our gathering here today is a clear testimony of China’s shared desire to explore development paths independently and to build a closer community for shared future.
VI. About the 16th CAEXPO & the 16th CABIS
Participants of the CAEXPO Senior Officials’ Meeting held on the afternoon of September 14 reached consensuses as follows:
1. Preliminary Dates: September 20 -23, 2019
2. Country of Honor: Indonesia
3. The 16th CABIS will be held concurrently with the 16th CAEXPO.
The CAEXPO and the CABIS will keep growing and upgrading, to build themselves as platforms for high-end dialogues and industrial cooperation with their own strength and characteristics, thus to contribute more to jointly building the Belt and Road, upgrading the China-ASEAN strategic partnership to a higher level, and building an even closer China-ASEAN Community of a Shared Future.
Customer Hotline: +86-771-12343 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: NO.33 Jin Pu Road,Qingxiu District, Nanning, Guangxi, P.R. China
Internet Technology Supported by China-ASEAN EXPO International Information Co.,Ltd